347 WEST END AVENUE
This Eclectic Renaissance/Revival building was designed with a limestone façade and gabled tile roof by famed architects Lamb & Rich as part of an original row of 14 houses in 1891. The home’s first owner was Charles F. Rand who made his fortune in the mining industry in Cuba and Spain. In the 1950’s, the property was converted to nine apartments, and now the new owners are converting back to a single family residence.
The scope of the conversion included an additional set back fifth floor, with an elevator overrun, roof bulkhead, and copper and glass skylight atop it. The current three-story-tall projecting rear yard addition will be demolished and replaced with a four-story-tall rear yard addition. A Juliette balcony, clad in copper, will jut out just into the canopy of a 130- to 140-year-old cherry tree.
This is Morozov’s third project along the historic West End Avenue ( 915 West End Avenue and 309 West 86th Street )
Morozov team worked closely with the architect to thoughtfully integrate new infrastructure into the existing historic shell.
Morozov provided MEP engineering design and approval services for all mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems.