EAST 10 STREET, MANHATTAN TOWNHOUSES
Full gut renovation of two landmarked townhouses near historic Stuyvesant Street in Manhattan in St. Mark’s historic district.
According to Landmarks Preservation Commission (LPC), 106 and 110 are two of three identical houses were built in 1867 by an Irish-American builder, James Mulry, at an estimated cost of $6,000.
The three buildings were erected on the lots that Mr. Mulry leased from Hamilton Fish- the 16th Governor of New York State and the Secretary of State under Ulysses Grant.
The buildings were designed in a late version of the Italianate style by D. & J. Jardine Architects. The segmental-arched doorways have stone cornico-slabs supported on vertical console brackets which, in turn, are carried on paneled pilasters. They are four stories high, above a basement, and all retain their stoops. They are all three surmounted by individual bracketed cornices which are aligned at the same level. The stone basement wall is carried up to sill height at the first floor with recessed stone panels under each window.
MOROZOV carried upgrades to power, water, sewer utility connections. Our engineers worked hand-in-hand with the interior architects to thoughtfully integrate central heating and cooling systems into the buildings.
SCOPE Full MEP/FP design
106/110 East 10th Street
Phil Toscano (architect of record) Beringer Architects (interior)
Multiple locations in Manhattan
Each townhouse is about 5,500 SF